Key Supplier of Zebra Mussel Control
Eliminate the high cost of zebra mussel damage. Zebra mussel infestation results in blockage or reduced flow in pipes and water intake systems, leading to water flow blockages and costly long-term impacts.
Management & Control of Zebra Mussels
You’re probably asking what you can do to stop the spread of the invasive zebra mussel? Or how to get rid of zebra mussels? The answer is Hawkins, a key distributor and service provider of EarthTech® QZ. Hawkins can provide you with a very effective zebra mussel control solution.
- EarthTech® QZ is an extremely effective and affordable molluscicide.
- Studies have confirmed that within a 48-96 hour period there is complete mussel mortality.
- EarthTech® QZ does not require any specialized equipment for application because QZ disperses readily and rapidly throughout the treated areas to a uniform concentration.
Zebra Mussel Control for Water Treatment Plants
EarthTec® QZ can be used for Water Treatment Plant intake screen and pipeline protection against Zebra Mussels. EarthTec® QZ is EPA registered for use against zebra and quagga mussels and is certified by NSF for use in drinking water. It’s a great solution for Water Treatment Plants combating mussel infestations.
Zebra Mussel Control for Power Plants
Power plants can use large volumes of water for cooling and zebra mussel infestation can clog pipes by forming colonies inside of the pipes. QZ can prevent infestation and keep the water flowing so they can operate at maximum efficiency. QZ can be applied at the intake structure using a conventional metering pump and dripping in a continuous dose. This way you keep all downstream locations free from mussel colonization.
Zebra Mussel Control for Lakes And Reservoirs
EarthTec® QZ is a rapidly-dispersing product that is immediately bioavailable and it can be applied in raw water intakes, lakes and reservoirs. Within lakes and reservoirs EarthTec® QZ will suppress and control quagga and zebra mussels from areas that they have already colonized.
EarthTec® Zebra Mussel Control Key Benefits
- EarthTec® QZ (QZ) is an EPA approved molluscicide for control of quagga and zebra mussels
- Effective Zebra Mussel Control – QZ’s unique liquid formulation is proven effective at achieving complete mortality in adult zebra and quagga mussels
- NSF-Certified to ANSI Standard 60 for drinking water, making it an excellent approach for controlling the spread and infestation of this devastating species
- Can be used in fish bearing waters
- No special equipment needed
Contact Us Today!
Hawkins is a business-to-business supplier, manufacturer, blender, and distributor of chemicals. We only sell to companies, municipalities, government entities, and not to individuals. For pricing or more information please provide your company contact information below:
Additional Water Treatment Chemicals
- Aluminum Sulfate
- Ammonium Sulfate
- Anhydrous Ammonia
- Bleach (Sodium Hypochlorite)
- Calcium Chloride
- Calcium Stabilization Products
- Calcium Hypochlorite
- Caustic Soda (Sodium Hydroxide)
- Coagulant Aids
- Corrosion Control
- Deposit Control Products
- Ferric Chloride
- Ferric Sulfate
- Ferrous Chloride
- Ferrous Sulfate
- Fluorosilicic Acid
- Hydrochloric Acid
- Hydrofluosilicic Acid
Additional Water Treatment Chemicals
- Iron Stabilization
- Lead Corrosion Control
- Lime Build-Up Control
- Manganese Stabilization
- Nitric Acid
- Paper/Pulp Water Products
- Phosphoric Acid
- Potassium Permanganate
- Soda Ash
- Sodium Aluminate
- Sodium Bicarbonate
- Sodium Bisulfite
- Sodium Fluorosilicate
- Sodium Hydrosulfite
- Sodium Hydroxide
- Sodium Hypochlorite (Bleach)
- Sodium Permanganate
- Sodium Silicate
- Sulfur Dioxide
- Sulfuric Acid
- Sulfuric Acid Injection System