Potassium Permanganate Distributor
Potassium Permanganate Water Treatment
Potassium Permanganate Description:
Crystals or granules are dark purple with a metallic sheen, sometimes with a dark bronze-like appearance. Free-Flowing Grade is gray due to an additive. Potassium Permanganate has a sweetish, astringent taste and is odorless.
• Formula: KMnO4
• Formula Weight: 158.0 g/mol
• Form: Granular Crystalline
• Specific Gravity
…— Solid: 2.703 g/cm³
…— 3% Solution: 1.020 g/mL by weight, 20°C / 4°C
• Bulk Density: Approximately 100 lb/ft³
Potassium Permanganate is certified by the National Sanitation Foundation (NSF) to ANSI/NSF Standard 60: Drinking Water Treatment Chemicals
Potassium Permanganate is a powerful oxidizing agent. Listed below are some of the many applications of Potassium Permanganate:
• Water Treatment – Oxidizes iron, manganese, and hydrogen sulfide; controls taste and odor; and is an alternate pre-oxidant
for Disinfection By-Product (THMs and HAAs) control
• Municipal Wastewater Treatment – Destroys hydrogen sulfide in wastewater and sludge. Improves sludge dewatering.
• Industrial Wastewater Treatment – Oxidizes hydrogen sulfide, phenols, iron, manganese, and many other organic and
inorganic contaminants; resultant manganese dioxide aids in removing heavy metals.
Hawkins is where to buy Potassium Permanganate. Hawkins carries high purity Potassium Permanganate. Hawkins is a key Potassium Permanganate supplier. As a Potassium Permanganate distributor Hawkins distributes Potassium Permanganate to municipalities for water treatment. Our customers depend on Hawkins for a consistent and cost-effective supply of Potassium Permanganate. Hawkins has a team dedicated to ensuring the quality of the Potassium Permanganate we supply.
For a reliable, consistent source of Potassium Permanganate contact Hawkins Water Treatment Group for a quote for Potassium Permanganate.